Today Journeys in Creative Writing is being featured by an Australian blogging network Where the Blog Are You? It's proving a fine way for Aussie writers to support each other. The comments and emails from WTBAY are already coming in to my desktop today and it's a lot of fun. There are many caring talented people out there in Ausland and sometimes it's a matter of being able to find them. Thanks to Louisa for helping out. Cheers June
I'm past my 70th birthday and undaunted.
So far I can look back on probably a dozen different phases in my life, all producing deeply felt experience:
- A barefoot carefree childhood in an Australian seaside town
- Work as a young journalist in the days of hot metal and male chauvinism
- Dipping my toe into real life in Sydney the big city
- Marriage and precious motherhood
- A second career in corporate public relations management
- Another marriage and disillusion
- Battles for financial justice in the law courts
- Re-jigging a career
- At 60 my first university degree (Creative Writing and Australian History majors)
- Fighting sometimes lost causes
- Sneaky aches and pains of the approach of age
- Living on a pension.
All fodder for writing and a valuable background for the development of what could become one day an incisive point of view.
My blogs may become a way of answering the question: 'What's next?'