Monday 21 July 2008

SIGNS FROM THE BODY


My shoulders
bear the weight of my heart.
They tighten and scream with tension.
The pain, the tears… the deep distress.

Sometimes I want to live without people,
for the sadness of rejection is too much…
Why should I put myself
in the way of so much melancholy?

Betrayal.

Dare to trust?
Do I dare it?
Trust is a gift which,
when misused,
leaves open the path to a crumbling
of the spirit.
Do love and companionship warrant
the risk?
Should I dare again?
At this moment….NO!

Solitude seems safe and manageable.
But can we betray even ourselves?


© June Saville 19 November, 1998
All rights reserved.
No reproduction without
Written permission of the author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Its good to know who is having a peek! I will certainly send a comment in reply.

To move directly to all other stories. Go to INDEX at
http://journeysincreativewriting.blogspot.com.au/search?updated-max=2012-02-12T15:35:00%2B10:00&max-results=1

Also, you may like to have a look at my other blog 70 Plus and Still Kicking. http://www.70plusandstillkicking.blogspot.com

Cheers June